Tuesday, January 6, 2009

YUM-E!

As I'm typing, I'm enjoying the dinner I just made. I suppose this counts as a new recipe for me, because my sister and I gave it a go over Christmas.

As I was driving from Charleston to Conway, I began pondering the chicken my stepmom made for us one night. From those thoughts sprang forth an idea to try to make my own chicken tenders, and not just to make chicken tenders but to experiment with the breading.

So, we tried 3 things: Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers, Special K with Red Berries, and a generic brand of Honey Bunches of Oats.

The probably pretty obvious 3rd place winner was the Special K with Red Berries.

In 2nd place was the Honey Bunches of Oats (redeemed by the dipping sauce I whipped up).

And 1st place went to the Ritz Crackers! They're really good!

When I made them tonight, I used a rolling pin to crush the crackers, and that worked a lot better. I made my dipping sauce again as well - a tangy ranch that is a mixture of fat free ranch dressing and hickory bbq sauce - NOT BAD AT ALL!! :O)

Oh, one important note is that I baked the chicken tenders. I did not deep fry them!

Tonight, I accompanied the tenders with some mixed veggies to round off my dinner. I'm trying!!

No comments: