Friday, March 11, 2011

Leftovers Transformation: Yummy Burritos

I made a not-so-incredible dinner two nights ago. It consisted of chicken quarters I cooked in the crock pot with a lemon pepper marinade. The chicken had a good flavor and wasn't dry. That's all I needed in the chicken. I decided to try to make black beans and rice as the side. It didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped. In fact, it was pretty mushy and bland. Joseph said he liked it, but I wasn't a fan.

As we were putting dinner away that night, I had an idea to transform the leftovers into burritos, and I'm so glad we did! The leftovers made delicious burritos!

We used carb smart tortillas, the mushy black beans and rice, the leftover chicken (pulled off the bones), salsa, shredded cheese (a blend of the remnants of a couple of different bags in the refrigerator!), and Bird's Eye's Southwest corn (yum!). It was a really easy meal, and it tasted really good! It was filling as well.

How do you like to transform your leftovers?

No comments: